Apprenticeship programmes are funded by the Welsh Government and give you the opportunity to gain experience and qualifications while you are working. They are available to anyone over the age of 16 and they won’t cost you a penny!
What programmes are available?
- Foundation Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Higher Apprenticeships (Level 4)
What career routes are available?
- Accountancy (membership fees payable)
- Digital Technology (Electronics)
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Installation
- Engineering Maintenance
- Engineering Technical Support
- Extractive Minerals (mining)
- Financial Services
- Gas Engineering
- Health and Social Care
- Mechanical Engineering
- Motor Vehicle
- Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Technical Theatre
- Welding and Fabrication
Who can apply?
- 16+ and looking to gain qualifications and work experience;
- leaving school and looking for training outside of the classroom;
- returning to work after a period of unemployment;
- looking for a career change;
- facing redundancy;
- looking to develop your own business; or
- looking to gain qualifications in your current job.
What are the benefits?
- earn a wage;
- gain experience in the sector you want to work in;
- gain qualifications (eg QCF, NVQ, BTEC and City & Guilds) to develop your career;
- develop your essential skills (ICT, application of number,
- working with others, improve own learning, problem solving and communication) for the real world; and
enhance your chance of employability.
For further information contact Tycoch (01792 284000) or Gorseinon (01792 890700)