The Employer’s Pledge
The CBI estimates that poor maths and communication skills cost the Welsh business economy £588 million per year. These costs are incurred for a number of reasons:
- Errors in calculations
- Messages passed on incorrectly/misunderstandings
- Poor customer relations
- Wastage - both time and resources
- Reluctance to contribute at meetings
- Unwillingness to take on responsibility
- Difficulties with written instructions
- Fear of technology
Research shows that 50% of adults who need additional help with their communication and maths skills are in work. The continuing developments in work place technology and work practices mean that workers constantly need to update their skills.
The college is able to work with you to facilitate workshops which can improve the communication and numeracy skills of your employees. These workshops will not only help employees with low skills but can help enhance the skills of middle manager in making presentations, report writing etc.
- Develop and deliver a programme to address your particular needs
- Agree timescales with you to deliver the programme on-site to meet your production demands
- Agree how to promote the programme to your staff
For more information please contact our Employer Pledge Coordinator, Lynda Cole, on 01792 222089 or via email