Our Access programmes have been developed to operate over one, two or three years depending on student academic need.
- Access to Art and Design (part time only from September 2012)
- Access to Business
- Access to Counselling Skills and Psychology
- Access to Law
- Access to Humanities
- Access to Nursing and Health Professions
- Access to Social Welfare
- Access to Health Science
- Skills for Further Education Diploma
Full time Access courses operate over 34 weeks [three or four days of study]
We also offer these part time [fast track] courses...
The programmes aim to:
- Encourage mature students who have decided on a career change or are returning to their studies following a break
- Supplement A level qualifications or BTEC courses already achieved in order to gain a place on a higher education course
- Fast track students who are keen to progress onto a higher education course
The programmes are modular and allow individual study pathways to be taken. Out staff can guide you on the best path to pursue.
We give full and careful consideration to every application. You do not need any formal qualifications to join an Access to Higher Education course but we are looking for commitment to the area of study and enthusiasm for your chosen route.
Assembly Learning Grant (ALG) funding is available for students taking either a full or part time Access course. There are also concessions available for Pre-Access for those in receipt of benefits.
For more information please contact the Faculty Office on 01792 284227 (Tycoch) or Tracey Jones on 01792 890700 (Gorseinon).
Updated May 2013