Scholarships and enrichment
Our scholarship programme aims to assist students with exceptional academic, creative or sporting ability to develop their talents to their full potential.
This scheme can provide financial assistance towards:
- study and living costs abroad
- extra or private classes
- clothing or equipment
Those students with exceptional sporting ability also benefit from:
- high quality coaching
- competition at the highest level
- sports injury treatment and management
- coaching qualifications
- coaching experience through community schemes
- support in gaining professional contracts
You must be capable of winning a place on one of our full time courses. You do not have to apply for a course in the same field as your particular skills [e.g. you could attend an engineering course and gain a scholarship for your exceptional sporting ability.] However, in order to retain your scholarship funding, you must attend and achieve academically throughout your time at college. Application forms will be available at your initial interview.
Your Application Form
In your application you will need to demonstrate that you have the ability or potential to achieve at the highest level. For example:
- Have you already proved yourself to be outstanding academically, creatively or on the sporting field in your school?
- Have you been identified by your teacher as outstanding talents - a reference from your coach or teacher will be required indicating your commitment and ability
- Can you demonstrate your motivation and commitment to your interest
- Have you represented your county, region or country in your chosen skill?
In your application you will also need to demonstrate how the scholarship can help you achieve or enhance your studies. For example, how additional tuition could help you develop your skills.
Spring term scholarship panel
The majority of scholarships for 2012 will be allocated by this panel
Deadline for the return of application forms is 1 June 2012
Decision of the scholarship panel communicated to applicants on 1 July 2012
Autumn term scholarship panel
The panel will allocate the remaining scholarships for 2012
Deadline for the return of application forms is 5 September 2012
Decision of the scholarship panel communicated to applicants on 30 September 2012
Students from across the college can apply for Sports Scholarships. Currently the scholarship programme provides £500 per year of financial support to students who excel in their chosen sport. These students need to be at an elite level to apply, ideally international or potential international. All applications should be directed to Rob Baynham
Updated January 2012