Business and Accountancy Academy
Delivery of this course is undertaken by highly qualified lecturers who strive to provide a course which emulates the real business world. This course is ideally suited for those who wish to study business and accountancy.
Study units include:
- Business Environment - Business Resources
- Managing a Business Event - Business Accounting
- Introduction to Marketing -Business Communications
- Starting a Business - Retail
- Career Planning - Team Building
The programme will also include the professional qualification of the Association of Accredited Accounting Technicians (AAT) with students normally taking the AAT Certificate (Level 2) in year one and the AAT Diploma (Level 3) in year two.
The two year Welsh Baccalaureate is a core element of the programme. This qualification helps develop a range of employability skills and will give the students a greater understanding of Wales and the wider world.
Duration:Two years | Qualification: BTEC Diploma | Level: Level 3
The course is assessed by vocationally relevant continuous assessment, written assignment, individual investigation, online examination and written examinations.
* AAT qualifications are exam based and will require a pass at AAT Certificate Level to progress to the AAT Diploma.
Classroom hours are 20 per week. All Level 3 courses will require considerable extra work outside of classroom time.
Seven C grades at GCSE, including Maths.
University or employment in accountancy.
Year 2 students all participate in a UK/International visit which is funded by the student.
Emma Lewis on 01792 284000