Pediatric First Aid
The (PFAQ) Pediatric First Aid qualification course is designed for parents and people who work with children.
On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to:
- understand the role of the first aider;
- recognise and act upon first aid situations;
- administer (CPR) cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- administer first aid to a casualty with minor injuries, and receive
- free annual updates to keep knowledge and practice current and safe (two will be needed between re-validation of your first aid at work qualification).
The course includes training on adult (8+yrs), child (1-8yrs) and infant (0-1yrs) resuscitation mannequins.
Benefits to the employer:
- comply with Health and Safety regulations;
- accredited first aid course provides safe and competent first aiders within the workforce;
- training designed and delivered to meet with workforce needs, and receive
- free annual updates for all successful students who undertake their first aid at work qualification with us (HSE recommendation).
- You need to be a minimum of 16 years of age;
- This is an interactive course which requires the student to participate in physical activity;
- Look after children under the age of 16.
This 12 hour course consists of:
- practical sessions;
- supporting information, and
- continuous assessment including multi-choice question paper.
We also offer a First Aid at Work course and Emergency First Aid at Work course
This course is accredited by STA and a yearly update is recommended by HSE.
The certificate is valid for three years (revalidations must take place before the expiry date of the current certificate; candidates will not be accepted on to a refresher course if the certificate is expired).