Steps to Employment
Steps to Employment progammes are for adult learners aged 18 or over looking to return to work after a period of unemployment and are in receipt of DWP allowances. Adults seeking to join the programme must undertake a pre-entry eligibility check with Jobcentre Plus.
• Work Focused Learning - aims to address any learning barriers that may be preventing you from committing to full time work, training or education.
• Routeways to Work - this employer led, short, occupationally focused, bespoke training programme is tailored to individual/groups of employers who are looking to recruit individuals. These programmes guarantee a job interview upon successful completion.
What are the benefits?
- Increase your motivation and confidence;
- Gain experience in the occupation of your choice;
- Gain qualifications at Level 1 or 2;
- Develop your essential skills (communication, application of number, ICT, working with others, improving own learning and problem solving);
- Training premium;
- Childcare support for lone parents;
- Enhance your chance of employability; and
- Travel subsidiary.
We currently offer the following courses (subject to change):
- Certificate in Hairdressing and Barbering
- NVQ Certificate in Customer Service
- NVQ Certificate in Business Administration
- Award in Warehousing and Storage
- NVQ Certificate and Diploma in Hospitality Services
- NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- NVQ Performing Engineering Operations
- NVQ Plumbing
- Diploma in Children's Care, Learning and Development
- Award in ICT Systems and Principals for Apprentices
- Certificate for IT Users
Please note all learners need to be referred by Jobcentre Plus (contact your advisor). For further information contact 01792 284477.